Sep 25, 2024

Profile

 

My Recipes from India’s Great Tradition of Vegetarian Recipes

Dedication

To My Daughter Laxmi - For giving me inspiration and support to write a food blog and this book.

Introduction

Till my marriage, I had not cooked in my house. I did not know anything about cooking. What I did learn was from observing my family members cooking, especially my dear mother.

After my marriage, as is custom in those days, I stayed with my mother-in-law for about 3 months. She also did not allow me to cook, but I learnt so many things from her.

I came to Bombay with my husband into a joint family with 2 brothers-in-law. I started cooking that day onwards and have not stopped loving to cook. We are strict vegetarians. My husband enjoyed my cooking but never complained. I now live in the USA and started writing the food blog just out of curiosity. Now writing and maintaining the blog has also become my passion. I thank my daughter for her encouragement and inspiration.

I take this opportunity to thank everyone who gave me love and support. Thanks are due to my son Ramesh, daughter Laxmi, and my daughter-in-law Adity from whom I learnt some Maharashtrian recipes.

I want to thank all my friends, my daughter’s friends, my son’s friends who enjoyed the dishes I have served and encouraged me to write this book.

Finally, I dedicate this book to my daughter, my husband, and my lovable grandchildren Shalini and Nandita. Even though they have not tasted my dishes today, some day they will.

Seetha Hariharan



Search This Blog